- Applications are directed to the Secretariat for registration.
- Applications sent after the deadline are kept for the next KIA Session.
Incomplete applications, including requested documents, are eliminated.
- Applications are distributed according to their fields of participation, to the Scientific Committees.
- Scientific Committees review every application. Candidates maybe contacted for further information.
- Scientific Committees submit their recommendations and the names of the finalists to the Grand Jury for final evaluation.
- The Grand Jury meets in person to discuss the applications and select the KIA Laureates per Scientific Committees.
- The final decision is unanimous
- During the second week of January* , the Secretariat contacts the KIA Laureates by phone and by E-mail to make the necessary arrangements for the KIA Laureates to attend the award ceremony. See Laureates Section
- The names of the KIA Laureates will be announced during the Award Ceremony taking place in Tehran, during the first week of February, of each year *,
In February *, the list of the KIA Laureates is compiled for publication and announced in the Khwarizmi International Award website.
- Candidates are kindly invited to check the site on that time of the year.*
The Grand Jury members are appointed for a period of two years and can be reappointed.
The Grand Jury members are not necessarily scientifically affiliated to the Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST).
The decision of the Grand Jury shall be final and non-appealable and no correspondence will be entered into.
* ( Dates submitted here, are to be reviewed each year, please refer to the Key Dates Section)